3.10.12

Last Sanur Village Festival

Today's office attire is this black top, studded belt and cream pants....







After office, I went straight to meet up with some friends to the Sanur Village Festivals for dinner. Sanur Village Festival has become a major event in Bali Event Calendar. This year theme of the festival is “Salampah Laku”. Salampah Laku was taken from the title of an epic poetic work by one of Bali’s greatest modern writers on the 20th century, Ida Pedanda Made Sidemen, from Sanur. Salampah Laku illustrates a life flowing like water which is lived sincerely in order to bring benefits to the environment and others.

Salampah Laku contains high religious, socio-cultural and educational values. The value of education is very important as the main theme of the Sanur Village Festival; to inspire members of the community to never stop learning; and it will also provide an ideal basis and spirit for developing tourism in Sanur in particular, and Indonesia in general.

The program of the festival includes food festival, environmental activities, bazaar, golf tournament, photo exhibition, “jukung” (outrigger boats) parade, fun games, body painting, face painting and caricatures, yoga, live entertainment (Jazz, etc.), traditional dances, etc.

Me and some pals after dinner,

I had the Pork Ribs, Genyol, Salad and potato from The Gangsa Sanur stall,

 Balinese dancers from Sanur origin


Dancers from Kalimantan Barat (Borneo origin)











it was such a great night, good food, good company and an awesome performance from Kalimantan Barat (Borneo origin). Borneo is in my bucket list, I think I have to speed it up into realization.

Have a good day all...
xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...