31.7.13

Object of Contemplation



Its the exhibition opening of Antra Sinha, our ceramic artist from India. The title of the exhibition is "Object of Contemplation"... of course it was a successful show, her pieces are wonderful and the person behind it is beyond wonderful!



Write up from the artist: “Nature fascinates me. When I see nature, I see geometry.  I am inspired by the structures created by the golden mean and its various permutations that emerge and evolve from the micro of the organism to the macro of the universe. My work is guided by the material itself – clay. I feel that in some ways, I am the material that I am working with: I am moulding clay, yet it is moulding me. I feel that my mind, vital and body must work in concert in order to manifest the forms, which I then offer to the fire. It is only then that I surrender to the exogenous forces of the cosmos. I am grateful to all the beings that have touched me and come together in creating this exhibition. The making is a collaborative process and your experience and interpretation of this work completes my journey.” ~Antra





thank you all for viewing the post and reading the bits...
xx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...