22.6.13

The secret is not so secret anymore


beach time....


This time the beach is called the 'Secret Beach', I drove with my bff to this secret spot, but upon arrival there was a lot of people with their vehicle driving the same direction as we are and without hesitation.

Located near Uluwatu temple, the beach is relatively unknown. It is in a fisherman village of Kutuh, south of Kuta resident. Nowadays, the Secret beach is known as 'Pandawa beach', when you arrive the area, you will find (on your left side) carvings of statues in a human-made cave. The statues are Pandawa. In the Hindu epic Mahabharata, the Pandawa are the five acknowledged sons of Pandu (from two wives Kunti & Madri). Their names are Yudhistira, Bima, Arjuna, Nakula and Sahadewa. All five brothers were married to the same woman, Drupadi (each brother also had multiple other wives). Together, the brothers fought and prevailed in a great war against their cousins the Kurawas, known as battle of Kurukshetra.

The name Pandawa for the beach is because the beach is mostly visited for Melasti ceremony. The main natural resource of the place is seaweed.











thank you for viewing this post and reading the bits! I enjoyed the beach very much....

Meanwhile, I can't wait for the release of this book in Bali (out in the U.S. 4 June 2013),

the devil returns,

thank you all for stopping by,
xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...