15.7.19

Idemitsu Museum of Arts, Tokyo

Opened in 1966, The Idemitsu Museum of Arts is an exhibition hall that is located on the 9th floor of the Imperial Theater Building. When you did a round tour for it's displayed collections, you will arrive at the museum shop on your left near the museum lobby on your right.

The lobby has a huge window that looking down over the beautiful Imperial Garden in Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo.

Free tea vending machines are available in the lobby and drinking is limited only in the rest area with sofas in the Lobby, which for me is the perfect place I wanted to be after the tour of the exhibition.





Special exhibitions are held about five to six times a year, with themed exhibitions of selected works from the Idemitsu Collection of Japanese painting and calligraphy, and East Asian ceramics. Other attractions include a year-round exhibition of major works by Georges Rouault (1871-1958), the French master of religious paintings who is famous for the series called “Passion” depicting the last days of life of Jesus Christ.
The unique feature of the Museum is the Sherd Room where fragments of pottery collected from kilns around Asia and Egypt (Fustat site, Cairo) are displayed (near the seated area of the lobby). I must tell you, that as a potter, I now feel confident throwing as these sherds shows thickness and curves of where I have reached in mu throwing achievement!

Today I have come for the ceramic exhibition titled: "Roku Koyo, Six Old Kilns"
Entrance fee is JPY 1,000



The Idemitsu Collection were gathered over some 70 years by Sazo Idemitsu (1885-1981), founder of the Idemitsu Kosan Co.,Ltd., and the Idemitsu Museum of Arts. The extensive collection includes Japanese painting, calligraphy, and ceramics. The total works number some fifteen thousand items, including two National Treasures and fifty-four Important Cultural Properties.

With the exact address of 9th Floor, Teigeki Bldg., 3-1-1,Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0005
The museum is by far one of the biggest as a private collection in Japan.


thank you all for stopping by and viewing the post...
xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...