26.5.16

DOT



No corners, no side

Call this as behind the theme of my “Manifested Meal” dinner set! So this task that was given to us, is to create 9 course dinner set that will display both the food and the ceramic pieces that each of “Culinary Clay” participants are making (in conjunction to Ubud Food Festival and Moksa restaurant special event with renown Chef Made Runatha).

I had several ideas in mind for the dinner set, and upon working on it, I stray away from the initial idea and just come to 1 (one) motif that described me most! A dot!

A dot, personally for me is a beginning, a start! If you are to draw a line, you start with a dot. Anything you draw if you have to dissect, is actually a group of tiny dots. How strong can a dot be?

I love the rounded shape of a dot; there is no corner, no side. Aside from its rounded shape, it is widely used in mathematics, music, graphics, designs –as basic unit of a composition, communication –as Morse code, symbols, ... et cetera. Such in life, dot is round, round is beautiful, rounded is perfect, rounded is whole.

thank you all for stopping by and viewing the post...
xxx

#uff16  #ubudfoodfestival

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...