7.12.11

Houndstooth fashion faux pas

Houndstooth or Hound's Tooth also known as dog's tooth, is a duo-tone textile pattern characterized by broken checks or abstract four-pointed shapes, often in black and white, although other colors are used. The classic Houndstooth pattern is an example of a tiling a motif,in this case tiling a check motif. Houndstooth checks originated in woven wool cloth of the Scottish Lowlands, but are now used in many other materials, and even printed. The traditional Houndstooth check is made with alternating bands of four dark and four light threads in both warp and filling woven in a simple 2:2 twill, two over - two under the warp, advancing one thread each pass. In an early reference to houndstooth, NewYork city based men's and women's high end clothier founded in 1885, included houndstooth checks along with gun club checks and Scotch plaids as part of its 1933 spring men's suits collection.

Today, I stumble upon the page of my UK Glamour Magazine with the new A-List Do ~ Houndstooth 


would you go Gaga?

 menwhile, I look back to my fashion faux pas (1988)
ouf....







Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...