11.8.16

Yogyakarta day one

And so here I am back in Jogjakarta again, on our first day--official first day, I arrived yesterday nite and so did my cousins--we visited Borobudur.


start your day with good breakfast, 
and while waiting you can always snapchat! 
my squad in their sarongs... 
no sarong required! 

Borobudur is a 9th-century Mahayana Buddhist monument in Magelang Central Java, Indonesia. The monument comprises six square platforms topped by three circular platforms, and is decorated with 2,672 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues. A main dome, located at the center of the top platform, is surrounded by 72 Buddha statues seated inside perforated Stupa.

The monument is both a shrine to Buddha and a place for Buddhist pilgrimage.The journey for pilgrims begins at the base of the monument and follows a path circling the monument while ascending to the top through the three levels of Buddhist cosmology, namely Kamadhatu (the world of desire), Rupadhatu (the world of forms) and Arupadhatu (the world of formlessness). During the journey, the monument guides the pilgrims through a system of stairways and corridors with 1,460 narrative relief panels on the walls and the balustrades.

Worldwide knowledge of its existence was sparked in 1814 by Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, then the British ruler of Java, who was advised of its location by native Indonesians. Borobudur has since been preserved through several restorations. The largest restoration project was undertaken between 1975 and 1982 by the Indonesian government and UNESCO, following which the monument was listed as a UNESCO world heritage site. Borobudur is still used for pilgrimage; once a year Buddhists in Indonesia celebrate Vesak at the monument.

More images can be found here in my old post.




this guy and about his idea to bring minion all over the world... ;)



it was a crowded site, although we start really early! 
I know how though it is being a Kardashian ;) 

afternoon snack in the minibus... yumm...

thank you all for stopping by and viewing the post...
xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...