Sagrada Familia [Barcelona unpublished]


When I saw my friend's Facebook photo post about her holiday in Barcelona, I saw that she visited Sagrada Familia.... so I start browsing through my blog archive for nostalgia and couldn't find a damn image of it. How can that be? I failed to post about one of my favorite building? So here I am posting an unpublished series, and reminiscing on how I can travel Europe with one small trolley suitcase consist of probably 5 sets of clothing for the whole 3 weeks? Leaving behind my everything in Amsterdam.... I cannnn!!! I made it! although the photos of one country to another will seems like I had breakfast in Paris and dinner in Rome.... haha... here goes the post and a throwback Thursday post!




Sagrada Familia is officially the church /place that I love of allllll time! Basílica i Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família (Sagrada Família) is a large Roman Chatolic church. It is designed by Catalan architect Antoni Gaudi (1852–1926). Although incomplete, the church is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Though construction of Sagrada Família had commenced in 1882, Gaudí became involved in 1883, taking over the project and transforming it with his architectural and engineering style—combining Gothic and curvilinear Art Nouveau forms. Gaudí devoted his last years to the project and at the time of his death in 1926, less than a quarter of the project was completed. Sagrada Família's construction progressed slowly as it relied on private donations [we did pay for the entrance fee of which all the amount plus the amount for other fee such as rental of telephony guide is for the continuation of this church]. I can still remember and hear the telephony guide saying “Welcome to Sagrada Familia....” plus the part that saying where I am and what I see at the moment and how the fees has been a contribution for the continuation of the building progress... The progress was also interrupted by the Spanish Civil War—only to resume intermittent progress in the 1950s. It is anticipated completion date of 2026—the centennial of Gaudí's death. On the subject of the extremely long construction period, Gaudí is said to have remarked, "My client is not in a hurry." When Gaudí died in 1926, the basilica was between 15 and 25 per cent complete.





















thank you all for stopping by, view the post and read the bits...

xxx

22 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! :)
    Love
    Nitika
    www.theshopaholic-diaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing pictures! I want to go on a vacation now because I am so tired of being cold! Great post! Stay fab
    xoxo, Ty
    http://www.toastandgrits.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!..you are are looking gorgeous,lovely pictures..just cool!!

    http://www.jollychic.com/?a_aid=SIRIUSIT

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the jumper!!! looks perfect for the day full of sight seeing!

    www.thestylebender.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greeat pictures! Good you found them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this place is a heaven ! on my wishlist. And the way u took these architectural shots- fantabulous !!
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love Barcelona! You look awesome! Merci for your lovely comment on my Blog - hope you‘ll come back soon ♡Love, Kyra
    FOLLOW MY BLOG // TELL ME // I FOLLOW YOU BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so great! You travel a lot, my dear!!

    https://www.facebook.com/Haine.Galati

    ReplyDelete
  9. What amazing photos, fabulous location that looks full of character. So unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos

    http://beautyposhblog.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an amazing historical piece. It's great about the finishing construction on the Gaudi's anniversary but I think Gaudi should also finish it. He did wonderful job designing this. The new parts somehow look odd next to the old ones.
    I'm glad you had a marvellous time there, I also like seeing new attractions and learning new things :)
    If you'd like to follow each other (gfc, bloglovin), just let me know. xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a charming city =)

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow love your post! Gorgeous photos! Thank you for visiting my blog. Would you like to follow me too? I am following you already. :)
    Take care
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello from Spain: I see that you were in my country, in Barcelona. I'm glad you liked your trip. Nice pictures. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you all for the lovely comments....
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loveee this post! Gorgeous pictures! I lived there for a year and your pictures make me remember the good time I had there! awesome post xx www.JessieJill.com

    ReplyDelete