office attire (Batik Bang Kawung)

Today I am wearing a made to order shirt, the shirt is cut and sewn from a Batik Sarong fabric. As I explained in my earlier post in March this year, Batik is one of Indonesian cultural heritage. The motif on my Batik shirt is called Bang Kawung.  Usually Kawung motifs were named based on the size and shape contained in the particular motif, as well as inspired from the Kawung fruit (sometimes developed from coconut or Kolang Kaling fruit).

I just love the romance behind anything, a story behind a creation is what I called the romance....



Here are Googled images of world leaders in their Batik suits, and guess what? Nelson Mandela is very proud of his Batik! (as I am too....)




6 comments:

  1. lovely...looks like an international trend! ;) love your sandals!

    xx heidi
    life full of loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. that blouse is gorgeous! i always wished i knew how to sew :)
    xoxo,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shoe collection!!

    www.standon12cm.com

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love clothes with a story behind them. That makes them so much more precious :) Your shirt looks amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you all for the great comments!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete