15.6.19

Sensoji Temple, Tokyo



Jigen (vision) is when the gods appear in different ways to save the people. Sho-kannon bosatsu appeared in Sensoji Temple in March 18th, year 628.


  • The kannon (=deity, deity is a god or goddess in polytheistic religion) 
  • Bosatsu (=bodhisattva, bodhisattva in Buddhism is any person who is on the path towards Buddhahood but has not yet attained it) 
  • Guanyin (=goddess of mercy, the one who perceives the sounds of the world).


The legend says that in the year 628, two brothers fished a statue of kannon, the goddess of mercy, out of the Sumida River, and even though they put the statue back into the river, it always returned to them.

Sensoji temple was completed in year 645, making it the oldest and most significant temple in Tokyo. The temple is located at the Asakusa area, built to honor deity of Guanyin.

Omikuji, fortune teller in form of stick, if you are interested to know more about it, 







thank you all for stopping by and viewing the post...
xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...