27.9.19

Ceramic Village of Pejaten Bali




It's a day of visit to another ceramic studio, and the Pejaten Pottery village couldn't be more perfect!

The village of Pejaten was a kingdom in the old days. The village was surrounded with forest area and a lot of big trees, especially teak tree (JATI). This is how the village start getting the name , PEJATIAN.
Pejatian means “a place to find teak (jati) tree”

The soil in Pejaten village contains large amount of terracotta clay. So in the old times, plenty of people around that village started to make pottery. Back then, pottery was used as an exchange comodity jn the market  for food etc. As time changed, the pottery business changed too. Functional become practical items, and art never been huge in the era.

Nowadays, how Pejaten village grows to become a pottery village with many modern type kiln and products, is because it was a pilot project village for pottery industry in Bali.











thank you all for stopping by and viewing the post...
xxx


Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...