4.5.19

Potter's Life: Behind the story of my Ocean collection


What is the story behind my ocean collection? 
First and foremost is my love to the ocean; and then how I have grown to learn that homo sapiens can be such destroyers of planet earth.
It was one fine Sunday that I've spent swimming in my fave spot, when I was trapped in this food plastic pack while swimming and facing the bottom of the ocean. Of course it was just a little bit more then an ankle deep, but this plastic pack has no business to choke me.
I swam almost every week at the same spot, a clean one, I even know exactly what time this sea snake will cross. Same snake! I know!!
More and more plastic packs in all sort of variations swimming along with me.
I felt disgusted, as if I swam in a huge dumpster with water filled up to the brim.
Long story short, I practiced reduce and reuse in my life, you can see some of the pointers here 

pictured here: Seline harvesting the black beach sand that I will mix to the clay body





The blue in this collection representing the color of the ocean of course, and the sand is literally representing the ocean. A few of this collection has been sold out and restocked. I am simply beyond happy!

thank you for stopping by and reading the post....
xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...