14.5.19

Potter's Life: hobby and earning extra!

Doing a potteryis at first—an understanding of what would be the process of the whole scheme to come to a product that is becoming a ceramic piece. For me, learning a process is a way to understand how something can be done and adding knowledge to myself on how something can reach to its final point.

Along the way of learning the whole process; I absorbs the how and what and all the things in between to come to a certain style that I wanted to create for my own personal pleasure. Wipe that dirty mind of yours!  What I wanted to explain is, that I love an irregular shape, one-of-a-kind shape that I created instead of industrial-mass-production items that is out there in the market (I started to like a lot of Japanese ceramics too). This is how "Wonky Pots" was created.
After hoarding my own creations and have no clue of what to do with them; a friend of mine was asking if I wanted to sell them in the artisan market that she regularly joined. It was a whole lot of pieces and a huge pile of ceramic; but I discovered, people love them.
And so... I keep making, because 'makers gonna make!'
And I am earning extra from my hobby! 














What about you good people out there? Tell me your stories, any story, I love the inspirations!

xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...