29.9.18

Royal Temple Mengwi: Pura Taman Ayun



The Royal Temple of Mengwi (Pura Taman Ayun), is one of the most important temples in Bali. Built in 1634 by a King of the Mengwi dynasty, this impressive complex stands on an island in a river, its inner temple surrounded by a moat. It's Balinese name Pura Taman Ayun literally means ‘Garden Temple in the Water’. Pura Taman Ayun was built as a series of garden terraces with courtyards on different levels. The entire complex was designed to symbolize the mythological home of the gods, Mount Meru, floating in the sea of eternity...


















thank you all for stopping by...
xxx

Soan Galuh beach

Soan Galuh beach is my source of inspiration. When I feel like I need inspirations in my clay work, I would just get my motorbike and drive ...